- This event has passed.
Be a portrait model!
Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
This is your chance to have your portrait painted. Members of the Maryland Society of Portrait Painters (MSPP) are hosting a photography session on the grounds, taking photos of volunteers and using the photos to paint finished portraits in pastel, charcoal, watercolor, oil etc. The photographs are for private use only and will not be displayed on the internet. The finished works will be in Face to Face, an exhibit at the museum this fall. There is no charge or compensation to participate.
Here’s what will happen:
- Models will be photographed at the museum.
- Models will be posed in a natural lighting/artificial condition inside or outside in a seated pose, usually.
- Model should wear what they like, for instance, semi-formal or casual attire, although we prefer no large patterns.
- Models should expect to be at the museum for about 1-1.25 hours. This doesn’t mean that the model will be sitting continuously. We will move the model to different locations.
- Models will be asked to complete a simple form, sharing info about their family history (this applies to people who have been living here for many generations and people who have recently moved here.)
- Light refreshments will be served.
Space is extremely limited. We can only accommodate three people per session, up to nine people for the day. If you would like more than one person in your family to pose, you will be posed together at the same time. Please do not sign up for more than one time slot!
Photos and finished portraits are the property of the artist.Reserve Your Spot