- This event has passed.
Virtual Panel – Making Art Accessible
Sunday, April 4 at 2:00 pm - 3:00 pmDonation
How do we make art accessible? Artist Alyscia Cunningham confronts this question in her innovative exhibition, I Am More Than My Hair.
Join her in a virtual walkthrough of this exhibit followed by a panel discussion with art and accessibility experts who are working to change the ways we experience art. The panelists will discuss the importance of accessibility and ways to make exhibitions accessible through the use of Braille, ASL, closed captioning, audio descriptions, 3-D printing, and more.
Opening remarks will be provided by Councilmember Will Jawando, and a closing poem will be read by Jeanetta Price.
- Alyscia Cunningham, author, filmmaker, and photographer
- Becky Emmert, Head of Accessibility at the Portland Art Museum
- Brandy “Unique the Deaf Dancer” Mimms, deaf choreographer and dancer
- Cheryl Green, digital artist, captioner, and audio describer
- Julie Hein, audio describer, educator, biologist, and interpretive development
- Marguerite Woods, sculptor and President of At-Large Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Maryland
*If you have a specific question for the panelists, please fill out this form.
- Jeanetta Price, Founder of Blind Girl Magic LLC