Deadline for Submission: Sunday, October 8
The above deadline is for programs to be held between January and June, 2024. Proposals submitted after the deadline will be considered for programs between July and December 2024.
We are seeking passionate individuals and organizations to partner with to present programming opportunities for the public to directly engage with the diverse arts and culture of the regional community. This is in direct support of our mission of connecting diverse communities through inspiring experiences of our region’s cultural heritage, and meets a need presented by our community. SSM has years of experience working with cultural communities and organizations to develop and present engaging programming.
We invite partners to collaborate with SSM in creating educational, immersive, and participatory programs. Currently, we are seeking partners for three cultural programming series:
- MoCo Lore presents a curated two-hour showcase program providing exposure and engagement with one or more cultural elements of a community within Montgomery County. These elements include but are not limited to music, dance, performing arts, storytelling, history, food, and drink.
- WondeRoom is a series of three two-hour Sunday afternoon craft programs led by folk artists for children (aged 4 and up) and their accompanying parents or guardians. Adults and children will work together to complete the craft and get to take home their creation.
- Create Date is a series of three two-hour Thursday evening craft programs led by folk artists for an adult audience. Participants will work together and/or individually to create a piece of art to take home.
SSM will provide the venue, on-site staff, registration, tables and chairs, and space set-up and tear-down. Upon request, SSM can also provide sound equipment, sound technician, and a projector.
Funding and compensation are available for these programs:
- Partners working on a MoCo Lore program will receive funding in the form of artist honorariums and reimbursements for expenses (travel and/or supplies) up to $750.
- Partners may choose to host a workshop in accompaniment to the MoCo Lore program. Additional funding of up to $300 is available for accompanying workshops.
- Partners working on WondeRoom programs will receive an honorarium of $250 per workshop and have their supplies reimbursed up to $50 per workshop.
- Partners working on Create Date programs will receive an honorarium of $250 per workshop and have their supplies reimbursed up to $100 per workshop.
How to submit a proposal:
SSM staff are here to support you with your application and answer all your questions. We highly encourage you set up a meeting with us to discuss your idea before submitting a proposal.Application Form
You may fill out and submit an application form independently or work with SSM staff to draft the application.
Please note that you will not be able to save and return to the form once begun. We recommend drafting all your responses to questions before beginning the application. You can view the application questions here: Sandy Spring Museum Request for Proposals for Cultural Programming January – June 2024
Proposals will be accepted on a rolling basis and review will begin on Monday, October 9th. Proposals submitted after the October deadline will be considered for July-December 2024.
Partners will be notified within two weeks of the October deadline if their proposal was accepted for January-June 2024. Potential partners who are not selected for the first period will be invited to meet again with SSM staff to further develop their proposal for consideration for the July-December 2024 period.