The museum has artists working in nine studios. With high ceilings, large windows, free parking and 24-hour access, these studios are perfect for artists working in any style or with any medium. We also have a large classroom available for artists who teach.
We strive to have a variety of arts represented by our resident artists. When we have available studios, our preference is to rent to an artist who works in a medium that is not represented by the current residents artists.
We currently have no vacant studios but we do keep a list of interested artists. Applying to rent a studio is a competitive process as we have more applicants than available studios. Please complete this online application form and someone will be in touch to arrange for an in-person meeting.
There are many benefits to being a resident artist, including:
- 24-hour access
- Being part of the museum’s publicity
- Increased visibility through foot traffic and online exposure
- Opportunities to learn from and collaborate with other artists
- Consignment opportunities in the museum shop and opportunities to participate in Resident Artists-only exhibits and gift shows
- Workshop and class space
- Opportunities to teach classes
- Free wireless internet and the use of office equipment
Please e-mail us or call 301-774-0022 for more information about renting a studio.