The museum has artists working in nine studios. With high ceilings, large windows letting in tons of natural light, ample free parking and 24-hour access, these studios are perfect for artists working in any style or in any medium.
Applying to rent a studio is a competitive process as we have more applicants than available studios. We strive to have a variety of arts represented by our resident artists. When we have available studios, our preference is to rent to an artist who works in a medium that is not represented by the current residents artists. Preference is also given to teaching artists. Please complete this online application form and someone will contact you.
We also have a large classroom available for artists who teach. If you would like to rent a classroom for a one-time class or an on-going workshop, please contact Laura Sanchez.
There are many benefits to being a resident artist, including:
- 24-hour access
- Being part of the museum’s publicity
- Increased visibility through foot traffic and online exposure
- Opportunities to learn from and collaborate with other artists
- Consignment opportunities in the museum shop and opportunities to participate in Resident Artists-only exhibits and gift shows
- Workshop and class space
- Opportunities to teach classes
- Free wireless internet and the use of office equipment